Since summer flew by faster than I had expected, I started thinking about all the things I wanted to do but never quite got to because there just weren't enough weekends. This prompted me to think about all the things I want to do this fall, and I quickly started a new note on my iPhone so I wouldn't forget about them. After all, since this season is just kicking off I actually have time to get to everything on my list!
Here's a few of the activities on my list:
- Visit Parley Lake Winery - Some of my girlfriends and I visited this winery/apple orchard last fall, and I can honestly say that day was one of the highlights of my year. Is there anything better than a perfect fall day, your girlfriends, and wine? We loved it so much, we've actually planned to go back next Saturday, and I couldn't be more excited!
- Have a BBQ - I can't host one myself, but I've got plenty of friends who can.
- Go to the Minneapolis Farmers Market - This is something I failed to do this summer, and it maybe actually be more enjoyable with the cooler weather. I am some what of a health fanatic, and loading up on fresh produce excites me. Plus, I live less than two miles from the Lyndale Ave market, so there are no reasons for me not to make at least one stop on a Saturday morning.
- Walk around the Chain of Lakes - This is something I do on a regular basis regardless, since Cedar Lake, Lake of the Isles, and Lake Calhoun are all less than a mile from me. I'd like to do it even more, so I can soak up as much fresh air as possible before I hibernate for the winter months. Especially once the leaves start to change.
- Sit by the fire - I'm not really sure where I could check this off the list other than back at my parents house, so good thing I'm headed there this weekend. I know my dad will be more than willing to have some drinks, roast some marshmallows, and relax by the fire on Saturday night.
- Get ice cream from Sebastian Joe's - Whether its the Linden Hills or Franklin Ave location, I've got to get one last cold treat before it's too cold.
- Dinner on the patio - Dinner, drinks, coffee, lunch, etc. There are countless patios to enjoy in Minneapolis, and again, I'd like to get to as many as possible before it's too cold.
What's on your fall bucket list?
Written by Jenna Maxfield